E. Wendy Trachte-Huber, EsquireTrachte-Huber Consulting
18 Beaver Court
546 Hyland Park Drive
Glenwood Springs, CO 81601
Independent Consulting and Training
Background2000 - 2005 Settlement Facility – Dow Corning Trust (“SF-DCT”) Claims Administrator / Chief Executive Officer - - · Responsibility for efficient and fair evaluation of claims for Dow Corning medical implant products including silicone gel breast implants (estimated 350,000 claims).
· Responsibility for “start-up” of facility including site selection, design and implementation.
· Responsibility for oversight of complex system development and maintenance
· Responsibility for delivery of payments to all approved claimants pursuant to provisions of Dow Corning Bankruptcy Plan of Reorganization.
· Responsibility for management and custody of assets paid to Settlement Facility (approximately $1.95 Billion (NPV) Settlement Facility and $400 Million (NPV) Litigation Facility).
· Hiring and management of Houston, Texas staff of between 50-200 employees.
· Responsibility for Amsterdam, The Netherlands facility.
· Responsibility for instituting quality assurance guidelines for the SF-DCT.
· Member of three person Finance Committee which is responsible for preparing periodic analysis and estimates regarding cost and projected cost of processing and resolving claims.
1998 - 2000 American Arbitration Association
Vice President, Education.
1992 - 1998 University of Houston, A.A. White Dispute Resolution Institute, Executive Director.
1998 - 2000 Dispute Review Board, Arbitrator.
1990 - Present, Service as a Neutral & Instructional Designer; Mediator/Facilitator; Managerial Mediator/Coach; Ombudsman; Negotiator; Dispute Resolution System Designer; Training Program Design & Trainer.
Education/TrainingUniversity of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
Doctor of Jurisprudence (1992)
University of Houston, Houston, Texas
B.A., Magna Cum Laude (1989)
University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
Attended 1976-78, Full Scholarship